Q. What cities do you cater to?
A. We provide dog walking and pet sitting services to the following Illinois cities:
- Oakwood Hills
- Fox River Grove
- Trout Valley
- Lake Barrington
- Port Barrington
- Crystal Lake
- Barrington Hills
(6.5 miles from North River Road / Route 14 in Fox River Grove)
Q. Why hire a midday dog walker?
A. A potty break in the middle of the day is appreciated by all dogs, especially puppies and seniors. Your puppy needs to maintain a consistent walking schedule to ensure proper housebreaking and socialization with people other than his family. Elderly dogs just cannot hold themselves as long as they used to, and often find themselves in an uncomfortable situation as they await your return home. Active adult dogs need regular exercise to maintain good physical and mental health.
Q. Why hire an in home pet sitter?
A. Benefits for you:
- Convenience of not having to transport your pet
- You won’t have to impose on friends/ neighbors/ family/ etc.
- Your home will be more secure with a sitter checking on it while you are away
Benefits for your pet:
- Full attention is given to your pets
- Stress is reduced because they will be in a familiar and safe environment
- Your pet won’t be exposed to any illnesses that they might be exposed to at a kennel
- Your pet won’t be traumatized when you leave him/her in an unfamiliar place
Q. Will I have to sign a contract?
A. Yes. You will have to sign a contract stating that you are allowing us into your home to care for your pets. You will also have to sign a veterinary release form.
Q. Are you insured?
A. Yes, we are bonded and insured by Pet Care Insurance.
Q. How will I know what happened with my pet/ home while I was away?
A. A 'pet care journal' will be filled out via [https://savvypetsitting.precisessl.com/] and sent to your email for each visit.
Q. Can I bring my pets into your home?
A. I do not offer this service.
Q. What if our travel arrangements change and we are away longer than expected?
A. Please notify us as soon as possible so we can set up more visits for your pets.
**We also require a text or phone call when you come home from vacation to confirm you made it home. If you fail to do so it will result in more visits. Our primary concern is the safety of your pets and home.**